To maintain good sexual health we recommend the following:
- A sexual health screen every year
- Hepatitis A, B, C screening every year
- Hepatitis A and B vaccination as needed
- Cervical smears every year
- Contraceptive counselling on: vaginal rings, contraceptive patches, contraceptive pills, injections (Depo-Provera), intrauterine devices (copper coil or Mirena), implants.
- Access to barrier contraceptives
Our clinics provide these services:
- Kobler Clinic: ask your HIV doctor or nurse when you attend for your routine appointment and we can often accommodate your needs on the day
- John Hunter Clinic, 3rd floor, St Stephen’s Centre, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital – see leaflet enclosed
- SPLASH Clinic (Sexual Health clinic for HIV positive patients) – 2nd or 3rd floor St Stephens Centre, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital
Additional services provided in John Hunter Clinic and SPLASH
- Emergency contraception and pregnancy testing
- Family planning (FP). clinic times: Mon am (general FP), Tues am (IUDs and implants), Tues aft (implants and general FP), Wed aft (coils and implants only), Wednesday eve (implants and general FP), Thurs aft and Fri am (general FP)
- Referrals for termination of pregnancy/abortion
- Rapid HIV tests for sexual partners
- Post exposure prophylaxis
- Treatment of other genital conditions, such as thrush, bacterial vaginosis and skin problems
- Access to our psychosexual clinic and sexual difficulties service
To Book an Appointment
At John Hunter Clinic or SPLASH call our appointment Line on 020 3315 6699 or book online on our website www.chelwest.nhs.uk/services/hiv-sexual-health.
For confidential advice call Health Advisers: 020 3315 6155/6156.
We also offer walk-in clinics (no appointment needed) on Monday mornings and Tuesday evenings