FRONTLINE HIV Forum 2nd June 2009 Meeting
FRONTLINE HIV Forum Meetings:
Members: General Members Forum
Date: 2nd June 2009
Time: 6:00pm – 8:00pm
- Updates from ‘HIV Age’ Research Team –
- Ignacio is ready to go immediately upon his return from Leave.
- Still a few minor issues with the Ethics submission
- RT Meetings ongoing fortnightly
- Sundhiya Mundalia will be approached for further assistance
- Short presentation from T-Mac staff on ‘Releasing Time to Care’, asking the Forum about how they felt about the initiative and if they had any pointers for inclusion in the programme.
- Nominations for the three Executive Roles within the Forum: JOCW has nominated for Chair, KF for Secretary, and JS & SC for Treasurers
- Patient Survey – ongoing: PD will update next meeting
- Dean Street snagging: some issues
- Letters sent to Trust from concerned patients
- Stakeholders meeting may be necessary
- Possibly hold the 4th August meeting at Dean Street?
- THT Health Trainers – Some keen discussions are taking place on the online forum – direction and flavour of response to Commissioners required.
- Forum asked to note their thoughts / feelings – forward to the Chair
- Invite Simon Bartram to discuss the issues: discuss with him our meeting with Christine Mead
- It seems like THT are setting themselves up as competitors with NHS
- Publication of available services within Trust: ongoing – JB will look into this
- AOB: –
- Saliva Testing – ongoing
- Boots are offering saliva ‘Oraquip’ for home HIV testing.
- Request for update on Patient Rep on the Trusts’ HIV Strategy Meetings groups
- ForumLink organisation has now joined up with HIV Europe – things are progressing
- APPG position (previously held by PD) is available should any Forum members wish to be placed on that policy advisory group.
- Kobler Outpatients improvements due: August will see the expansion of the Pharmacy – extra months’ medication will be given to patients to cover the period of time the pharmacy will be under refurbishment.
- Phlebotomy waiting times creeping up again – time for another review?