KVN Forum Meeting 19th September 2006

Compiled by
R.W. & CD
Attendees: 8
Apologies: 5

The next meeting of the KVN Forum will be held at the Kobler Clinic, on 3rd October 2006 on the 4th Floor of the St Stephens Centre, from 6:00pm to 8:00pm.

This document is a collection of the discussions held by the KVN Forum members at the eighth meeting of the KVN Forum, which took place on 19th September 2006 at the Kobler Clinic. These are not strictly minutes of the meeting, but most of the points were loosely captured.

CD apologised for not being able to make the meeting, and as a result PD chaired the meeting, and the notes were taken and typed up by R.W. – many thanks to PD and R.W. for stepping up…

  • The new KVN Forum poster designed and presented by PD was well received and approved by those present. Jane Bruton offered to investigate the possibility of access to an A3 colour laser printer to duplicate copies for KVN notice boards.
  • The banner to denote KVN notice boards has been prepared by CD and is ready to be posted on site.
  • The registration for the forthcoming BHIVA conference was discussed: PD has yet to receive confirmation whether we have been allocated one or two places; J.S. and M.M. are keen to represent the Forum and both will attend if circumstances allow.
  • The issue of the KVN mobile phone was referred to the Funding and Treasury sub-committee.
  • The review of the Kobler Clinic phlebotomy practice moved forward with the circulation of CD’s draft copies of a patient questionnaire and audit form. The meeting approved the general content and layout of the questionnaire and agreed a few minor changes to the audit form. Jane and Paul are hoping to meet with Simon Farnworth and Dr David Asboe before our next meeting to invite their input and expertise and to confirm the detailing of the audit form. The final draft of the forms will be circulated to the next meeting for approval. The audit itself will take place over 5 consecutive days (possibly in October) and will require at least one Forum volunteer to be present for the whole of each day. In order for the outcome to be successful in terms of collated data Jane will ascertain which week will have all clinics running.
  • During the week of the audit each patient taking a ticket for the phlebotomist will be given the questionnaire and KVN Forum leaflet by the Forum representative.
  • Jane will speak to the Kobler Pharmacy to enquire whether it would be possible for them to include a KVN Forum leaflet with each patient’s medication. Nurses at the Victoria and Nkosi Johnson clinics dispense medications, so Jane will investigate whether this same practice would be feasible.
  • M.M. highlighted an issue of the door being left open in the phlebotomist’s room at the Kobler Clinic leaving patients exposed whilst having bloods done. Jane explained this was not automatic practice, and that the clinic endeavoured to ensure the safety and security of staff as well as the right to privacy for patients.
  • Over the next weekend PD will be changing the email address for patients wishing to join the online Forum to kvnadmin@fosterweb.org The list server address remains the same kvnforum@fosterweb.org and the website kvnforum.net is still active.
  • The option of a meeting every second week is still viable and may be necessary for any preparatory work or issues arising, but to avoid any confusion it was agreed to publish only the main Forum meeting as before, as the first Tuesday in each month.

Please forward all points/suggestions for next meeting to the online forum, or directly to CD at declec@hotmail.com and the Agenda will be posted to the online Forum, with any additional points added to it as they are sent in.

The next meeting of the KVN Forum will be:

on Tuesday 3rd October, 2006 6:00pm to 8:00pm

The Kobler Clinic 4th Floor,
St Stephens Centre
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital

Refreshments provided.